Swansea Built Heritage Group is a loose partnership of organisations, community groups and individuals with a common interest in preserving and enhancing the built heritage of Swansea. The Group meets at least once a year and includes representatives of Swansea Council, Swansea University, Penllergare Trust, Glamorgan-Gwent Archaeological Trust, Gower Society, Swansea Civic Society, Trilein, Gower Heritage Centre, Gwalia, National Waterfront Museum, Swansea Environmental Forum and several local community action groups. For a fuller list of members go to the MEMBERS page.
SBHG aims to:
SBHG aims to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information and support of built heritage in Swansea
- Facilitate a strategic and collaborative approach to dealing with problem buildings in Swansea
- Increase awareness of and monitor progress with heritage buildings and sites in Swansea
- Encourage the viable redevelopment and use of heritage buildings in Swansea to support regeneration, tourism and economic development
- Organise events and activities to promote awareness of and support practical action for built heritage in Swansea
SBHG developed an action plan in 2012 which set out how the Group and its members might deliver its aims. This was last updated and amended in 2013.
The latest version of this action plan can be downloaded here.
SBHG generally meets once or twice a year.
Notes from the last meeting are available to download here.
Notes from previous meetings are available below to download.